Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23 Journal.

I think my photography would be different if I had never learned film because it made me learn methods used to make things look different manually. It's kind of hard to explain but I think I appreciate how cameras work more now because I had to learn to do things manually instead of automatically. I think it make my photography different in the way that I have to work a bit harder to get a good image. I feel like I would think that photography is more simple than it actually is if I never learned to use an analog camera. This makes a difference in the amount of work I put into capturing an image.

1 comment:

  1. My heart just skipped a beat as I read this. Over the years, the threat of losing the darkroom always looms large. I know - through talking to people in the industry and college reps - that the analog part determines a photographer's ability or lack of. You just put it into words so perfectly. Thank you, you are one smart lady.

    ReplyDelete