Friday, March 9, 2012

Free topic yaaaay

If you haven't noticed, I really like the band "The Maine" and they are on tour again in the US and are coming to NY for 4 shows in May. I really wanted to go to one, but they're all on weekdays except one, which is on a Friday. I got SO excited when I found this out because I really want to see them again. I asked my mom and everything was cool; I only had to get tickets. Before I did that I looked at where the concert is. It's in Clifton Park, NY. So, I went on Google maps and learned that it's three hours away :(  My mom said we might be able to go but we would need to get a hotel and I don't know any friends that would be able to come because we would have to miss the school day. So now I might not be able to see them until the next time they are on tour in NY or NJ. I also missed a show for another favorite band of mine, "Mayday Parade". They were in NJ and NY at the end of last month and the beginning of this month. By the time I found out about the show, the tickets were all sold out and I wasn't able to go which is also a downer:

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I understand your pain. I will say, I never missed school for a concert. When I saw U2 and Duran Duran in 8th grade, they were both on school nights. But my dad brought me (and saw the bands with me!) and I went to school the next day with no problems! In high school, I saw many bands on school nights. I always did homework as soon as I was home, ate dinner, parents picked the friends up, and we were dropped off at the venue. Then we wear the concert t-shirts to school the next day. And our grades never suffered. Try that... good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete